Frequently Asked Questions
How does Fit For Trips work? In other words: After I purchase a fitness program what happens next?
The process is straight forward and simple.
- First, you will receive a confirmation notice about your purchase.
- Shortly after your confirmation email you will receive an email with username, password and next steps.
- Then you will log into your account and answer questions about medical history, current and past exercise history, home or gym training, available equipment and trip details.
- Marcus will review your personal information and customize your program.
- At a convenient time you will chat with Marcus on the phone to discuss your program in detail.
- If your program does not require any modifications then it's time for you to start training.
- We stay in touch for questions, encouragement or further modifications along the way.
I don’t have a trip planned. Can I still use your programs to get in shape?
Absolutely! Instead of designing your custom program around a specific trip, we’ll design it to meet your current goals. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Getting in shape for local trails
- General fitness that will enable you to hike, bike or do any kind of physically demanding activity, at any time
- Transforming your body – adding muscle, losing fat, getting ripped, etc
I just want to get in shape for hiking, biking, skiing or any other outdoor activity. Can Fit For Trips help with that?
We can design a custom fitness program to get you in shape for any activity.
My trip is more than 12 weeks away. What should I do?
All our workouts are repeatable. For example, let’s say your trip is 16 weeks away. You can perform an 8-week program twice. Or, you can perform a 12-week program one time through and just repeat the last four weeks. That said, if you’re going to repeat a workout, we recommend your reaching out for a complimentary phone consultation at the end of your first program run-through. That way, we can work together to figure out the best possible plan, which may include a few modifications to the regimen at no additional cost.
Can I repeat the workouts?
Yes. Whether you’re preparing for another trip or just want to get in better shape for a local adventure, you can repeat the programs as often as you like. Before repeating programs you are welcome to contact us and discuss whether modifications are recommended. We’re happy to help at no additional cost.
Why do you offer programs ranging from 4 to 12 weeks?
In order to accommodate as many people as possible! Need more reasons?
- By providing a range of durations, you can start and end your program exactly on your departure date
- Some people are already in good shape but just want a short burst of trip-specific training as their adventure nears
- You’re on a tight budget and only want guidance for a short period of time