Click on a program that is right for you
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Fit For Trips work? In other words: After I purchase a fitness program what happens next?
The process is straightforward and simple.
- First, you will receive a confirmation notice about your purchase.
- Shortly after your confirmation email you will receive an email with username, password and next steps.
- Then you will log into your account and answer questions about medical history, current and past exercise history, home or gym training, available equipment and trip details.
- Marcus will review your personal information and customize your program.
- At a convenient time you will chat with Marcus on the phone to discuss your program in detail.
- If your program does not require any modifications then it's time for you to start training.
- We stay in touch for questions, encouragement or further modifications along the way.
I don’t have a trip planned. Can I still use your programs to get in shape?
Absolutely! Instead of designing your custom program around a specific trip, we’ll design it to meet your current goals. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Getting in shape for local trails
- General fitness that will enable you to hike, bike or do any kind of physically demanding activity, at any time
- Transforming your body – adding muscle, losing fat, getting ripped, etc
I just want to get in shape for hiking, biking, skiing or any other outdoor activity. Can Fit For Trips help with that?
We can design a custom fitness program to get you in shape for any activity.
My trip is more than 12 weeks away. What should I do?
All our workouts are repeatable. For example, let’s say your trip is 16 weeks away. You can perform an 8-week program twice. Or, you can perform a 12-week program one time through and just repeat the last four weeks. That said, if you’re going to repeat a workout, we recommend your reaching out for a complimentary phone consultation at the end of your first program run-through. That way, we can work together to figure out the best possible plan, which may include a few modifications to the regimen at no additional cost.
Can I repeat the workouts?
Yes. Whether you’re preparing for another trip or just want to get in better shape for a local adventure, you can repeat the programs as often as you like. Before repeating programs you are welcome to contact us and discuss whether modifications are recommended. We’re happy to help at no additional cost.
Why do you offer programs ranging from 4 to 12 weeks?
In order to accommodate as many people as possible!
- By providing a range of durations, you can start and end your program exactly on your departure date.
- Some people are already in good shape but just want a short burst of trip-specific training as their adventure nears.
- You’re on a tight budget and only want guidance for a short period of time.
Once I place my order, how long does it take to craft my custom fitness program?
Because every trip is completely customized, we ask that you allow up to four business days.
How long will my program be accessible?
We leave your account open, even after your trip ends, so you'll have continuous access to your programs.
Get Fit For Your Next Adventure
Get Fit For Your Next Adventure
At Fit For Trips, we don't plan your trip. We don't guide your trip. We don't go on your trip. We simply ensure that you arrive at your destination in optimal physical shape. Doing so will provide you the best chance to enjoy the adventure exactly as your tour operator intended it to be.
Created by fitness trainer and adventure enthusiast Marcus Shapiro, Fit For Trips leads the adventure travel-fitness industry with impressive - itinerary specific - resistance and endurance conditioning programs. Past clients will tell you that every trip begins with Fit For Trips...
We've crafted over 1000 programs and founder Marcus Shapiro has logged over 15,000 hours of training people in person.
In 1998, Marcus was reminiscing about past adventures with his wife Pam, when he discerned that their extraordinary travels were not exclusively the result of unique itineraries and knowledgeable guides. They had also benefited from confidence - self assurance achieved by applying specific training principles up to each and every trip-departue. With over twenty years of fitness experience and a passion for adventure travel, Marcus launched Fit For Trips in 2009 so that every adventurer could get fit enough to fulfill their travel bucket list. We ask for the opportunity to pass on our knowledge unto you.