PATHWAYS travelers are eligible for a 25% discount
PATHWAYS travelers are eligible for a 25% discount
Be sure you're in great shape for your PATHWAYS adventure
Hi, I’m Marcus Shapiro, the owner of Fit For Trips. I oversee the progress of every client who signs up for one of my fitness packages. I’ll personally craft your training program to start at your current fitness level and meet your specific training goals. I’ll also be coaching you via email and voice chat between now and your departure date. Your PATHWAYS trip is guaranteed to be a wonderfully memorable experience, and I’d be honored to work with you so you can enjoy it to the fullest.
Owner, Fit For Trips
Here's How We Customize Your Fitness Package
All of our training programs are optimized for your trip itinerary and level of fitness and include both a resistance and an endurance training component. Customization for fitness programs are based on these personal factors:
- Medical history (i.e., injuries, surgeries, etc.)
- Activity profile (i.e., current and past exercise experience)
- Available training days and available equipment
- Itinerary and trip details
I experienced no aches, pains or any other physical ailments on the trip. No doubt this was because I was completely physically prepared. I will definitely use Fit For Trips another time. And hopefully soon- as I am now addicted to adventure!
Why Use A Fit For Trips Training Plan?
Prior To Your Trip
- Full support up until the day you depart
- Diminish chances for injury and overexertion
- Take guesswork out of preparing for your adventure
- Maximize your training time
- Be confident that you’re prepping specifically for your adventure
- Programs tailored to your level of fitness
- Improve your health and physique
- Have more energy for life
During Your Trip
- Select itineraries or daily options that are more physically demanding
- Be prepared for the unique demands of your specific itinerary
- Diminish chances for injury or overexertion
- Reduce or eliminate soreness from day to day
- Have more energy for long days of exploring and learning
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Being fit allows you to maximize your adventure resulting in better stories and memories for a lifetime
- Programs designed to fit your lifestyle, budget and fitness level
- Home and gym-based training programs available
I didn’t realize how incredibly personalized and perfectly matched to me every single day of the program would be. It started at the exactly right level for my fitness, and built perfectly throughout the 10 weeks. During the trek, I saw how every single activity prepared me for my adventure. I had the stamina and strength to make it up and down the long hills. I was thrilled with absolutely everything.
Our easy-to-follow video-based fitness programs are crafted to help you maximize the enjoyment of your PATHWAYS trip. Whether you are just getting started with a fitness routine or regularly train for athletic challenges, Fit For Trips offers itinerary-specific conditioning routines for adventurers of all levels.
All Fit For Trips fitness programs will help build your physical capabilities so you feel more energized, more confident and ultimately increase your chances of enjoying your PATHWAYS trip to its fullest.
With Fit For Trips, you'll enjoy getting ready for your trip almost as much as the trip itself. Every program comes with a money back guarantee if you're not satisfied for any reason.
Sample training plan
I was in great shape and performed beyond my expectations. In fact, the local lead guide commented: “You are really in good shape.” One of my fellow climbers asked for your site because he was so impressed with my fitness.
Select A Program Below
To Get Started
Frequently Asked Questions
After I purchase a fitness program what happens next?
The process is straight forward.
- First, you will receive a confirmation notice about your purchase.
- Shortly after your confirmation email you will receive an email with username, password and next steps.
- Then you will log into your account and answer questions about medical history, current and past exercise history, home or gym training, available equipment and trip details.
- Marcus will review your personal information and customize your program.
- At a convenient time you will chat with Marcus on the phone to discuss your program in detail.
- If your program does not require any modifications then it's time for you to start training.
- We stay in touch for questions, encouragement or further modifications along the way.
My trip is more than 12 weeks away. What should I do?
All our workouts are repeatable. For example, let’s say your trip is 16 weeks away. You can perform an 8-week program twice. Or, you can perform a 12-week program one time through and just repeat the last four weeks. That said, if you’re going to repeat a workout, we recommend your reaching out for a complimentary phone consultation at the end of your first program run-through. That way, we can work together to figure out the best possible plan, which may include a few modifications to the regimen at no additional cost.
Can I repeat the workouts?
Yes. Whether you’re preparing for another trip or just want to get in better shape for a local adventure, you can repeat the programs as often as you like. Before repeating programs you are welcome to contact us and discuss whether modifications are recommended. We’re happy to help at no additional cost.
Why do you offer programs ranging from 4 to 12 weeks?
In order to accommodate as many people as possible!
- You might already be in good shape but just want a short burst of trip-specific training as your adventure nears
- Or if you’re feeling out of shape, a longer, gentler program would be optimal
- Or maybe you’re on a tight budget and only want guidance for a short period of time
With a range of package durations to choose from, you can start and end your program as close to your departure date as you like.
Once I place my order, how long does it take to craft my custom fitness program?
Because every trip is completely customized, we ask that you allow up to four business days.
How long will my program be accessible?
We leave your account open, even after your trip ends, so you’ll have continuous access to your program.
ABOUT FIT FOR TRIPS
At Fit For Trips, we don't plan your trip. We don't guide your trip. We don't go on your trip. We simply ensure that you arrive at your destination in optimal physical shape. Doing so will provide you the best chance to enjoy the adventure exactly as your tour operator intended it to be.
Created by fitness trainer and adventure enthusiast Marcus Shapiro, Fit For Trips leads the adventure travel-fitness industry with impressive - itinerary specific - resistance and endurance conditioning programs. Past clients will tell you that every trip begins with Fit For Trips...
We've crafted over 1000 programs and founder Marcus Shapiro has logged over 15,000 hours of training people in person.
FIT FOR TRIPS STORY
In 1998, Marcus was reminiscing about past adventures with his wife Pam, when he discerned that their extraordinary travels were not exclusively the result of unique itineraries and knowledgeable guides. They had also benefited from confidence - self assurance achieved by applying specific training principles up to each and every trip-departue. With over twenty years of fitness experience and a passion for adventure travel, Marcus launched Fit For Trips in 2009 so that every adventurer could get fit enough to fulfill their travel bucket list. We ask for the opportunity to pass on our knowledge unto you.